|©2013 R.L. Delight, All at Once, 6"x8", oil on linen panel|
So, here we are at the end of the challenge! It seemed like this day came with agonizing slowness. So here is what I have learned, so far, as I am still processing what I have learned.
I have learned that:
- I am not a "daily painter". For those that don't know, daily painters usually produce a small finished painting a day. I paint daily but I don't always want to produce a small painting a day. I also want to produce larger and more complex paintings.
- I am beginning to understand the discipline and energy that I need to put into my work. That is a really good thing because it excites me and I feel like yes, I am up for it.
- I know now that I am capable of increasing my production without compromising my own standards.
- I discovered just how important it is to organize my time, priorities, and studio space.
- I really need some downtime to be productive and creative. I don't have kids but I do have a mate and a dear dog that I like to spend time with.
- I don't expect my house to be white glove clean but I do need some sense of order and cleanliness. Also, I cook whole foods from scratch, which takes time but health is worth every minute.
- I love being productive. It gives me satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment.
- I love what I do. I don't want to do anything else. There is so much room for growth!
- The wave studies continue! I am at 32 with a goal of 100.
- I will start making more finished works for sale and larger works
- Munsell color studies coming up
- Art studies
- Drawing, drawing, drawing. I have always drawn. I am a huge advocate of learning to draw and maintaining a drawing practice.
- Art marketing studies
Fortunately for me, there are artists out there who are able to support themselves. They work their rear-ends off doing what they love. I watch and learn a lot from them so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. I cannot begin to express how grateful I am for these mentors.
That is it for today! I am going to spend the morning cleaning and organizing my studio. This afternoon I need to head north to replenish my poor bare pantry. If I have time, I am planning to stop off at one of my favorite spots and do a bit of wave sketching. Tomorrow it will be back to the beach and studio!
Thank you all for the wonderful comments you have left and thanks to those who stopped by for a peek! I felt like I had a cheering section.
The journey continues...