|© 2013 R.L. Delight, "Washed Ashore", 6"x8", oil on canvas panel.|
So, I had this unfinished painting hanging around, in fact I posted about it on November 18th in a post titled "Dog on the Loom...I mean Easel!" and, for today's challenge painting, I decided to bring it to as close to being finished as possible in a day. I also will be able to get it out of my studio. This painting has been hard to photograph properly from the start and is even more challenging now due to the fact that some of the layers are dry and some are not. I needed to post the picture today for the challenge but tomorrow or the next day I will do what is called oiling out which will bring the colors to where they are supposed to be. I will take another picture of the painting then. Unfortunately, this is a painting that looks much better in person.
All of the objects in the painting were found by me on the beach. One note of personal interest to me, I noticed that my skills had improved between then and now! Unfortunately, to really improve the painting I would have to start over. I worked the same amount of time on this painting today as I would have if I had been making a new painting!
I did not get out to paint waves today. The weather would have required me to paint in my car and my back is not quite up to sitting that long at this time. It is improving, just slowly.
More adventures tomorrow!